Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. Danil1 Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

Disaster Recovery

Hi,

When I restore the system in client, I get an error:

No supported local devices were found.

The tape storage with backup connect to Cell Manager. OS Disaster Recovery on a flash drive

Please help. I would appreciate any help

41749c38-4d16-405d-89aa-a441513e10eb.jpg

Best regards

Data Protector 10.04

Client: Windows Server 2016  (fqdn: sgu15a-srk.tnurl.tn )

DA  v. A.10.04

MS Volume Shadow Copy Integration v. A10.04

Automatic Disaster Recovery v. A10.04

--------------------------------------------------

Cell Manager: Windows Server 2016  (fqdn: skd30a-srk.tnurl.tn )

Windows 10 & Windows Server 2016: ADK for Windows 10, version 1703

HP ProLiant DL380 Gen9

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Disaster Recovery

Hello Danil1,

Looking at your issue - error "No supported local devices were found." for Disaste Recovery, I would recommend that you log a SW DP support case as this one will definitely involve very deep investigation. May need more time to review things.

If I am handling DR case, I would usually check things from the very start - from the backup time. May need to check the backed-up objects and other configuration backup info.

The next available DP Support can take this case and work closely with you.

Rgds,

Sherman
DP Support

Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @Danil1,

Please check if the RAID set on the target client has been configured. This is a manual process. Also make sure to inject RAID controller drivers at image creation time if the source system was a different kind of hardware.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

Hi Sebastian.Koehler,

RAID massive has been configured and hardware did not change on client.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi @Danil1,

Looking at the session messages I see "switching to local restore" on the top. Is this a Cell Manager or a regular client DR test? If this is a regular client then the communication to Cell Manager is not working. Can be due to networking or security (Userlist).

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Valued Contributor..

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi @Danil1,

Yep, this looks like the temporary hostname (minint-9vbm780 in this case) is not present in UserList. This is the most common EADR issue. Please add it accordingly and execute omnicc -secure_comm -configure_for_dr if this is Data Protector 10.x.

Recover Windows systems using Enhanced Automated Disaster Recovery
https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:10.04/Admin/Disaster_Recovery/description/DES_About_Disaster_Recovery/Disaster_Recovery_Procedures_on_Windows_Systems/Enhanced_Automated_Disaster_Recovery#RecoverWindowssystemsusingEnhancedAutomatedDisasterRecovery

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Valued Contributor..

Hi @Sebastian.Koehler,

I did as told in the documentation. But problem still exists. 3 and 4 image on Cell Manager.

It is strange that ping skd30a exists, and according to skd30a.tnurl.tn there is no.(image 2). We use IPv4!

I will be grateful for any help

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.