Highlighted
JJJ Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Drive License query

Hi All

I just wanted to clarify something and ask for your assistance.

Single Windows Cell Manager, with Tape library attached.

If I wanted to migrate out the tape library to a Linux server and make this an Installation server would I require an additional Unix Linux drive license? or would this work under the 1 drive license that comes with the starter pack?

So I just need to know if we need to buy a new license to perfor this change?

Many thanks.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Drive License query

hi,

The licenses is for one drive in SCSI windows or linux .

Regards

Please assign a kudo to this post, if you find it useful.
Absent Member.. Stewart_Macleod Absent Member..
Absent Member..

A Windows Cell Manager license includes one Window or Linux local drive, but not a HP-UX or Solaris local drive and not a SAN attached drive (no matter what OS is accessing the drive).

So if the drive on the linux server is local (not SAN) I think you will be OK.

If the drive is SAN attached I think that is a problem.

JJJ Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Thanks Both for the info.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.