Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

EADR of One Physical Node of MS Cluster

Yesterday, I was asked to restore a single physical node of a Microsoft SQL cluster.  The node wouldn't boot so I was asked to prepare the .iso image for the restore.  I selected the "Host to be recovered", the "Recovery media creation host", selected Enhanced Automatic Disaster Recovery," and "Backup session" but I got this error: 

The disaster recovery wizard was unable to find 'n/a' object/drive backed up. This object is required to update the disaster recovery information.

Fortunately, the server team was able to recover the server, not sure what they did, but for future reference, I need to know if what I was trying to do is actually possible.

When I pulled up the srd file in Notepad, I saw that all of the drives were part of the file, including the drives that are assigned to the virtual nodes.  Is it possible to EADR just what I need to restore the physical node in a case like this, where one physical node of the cluster will not boot?  Or can I only EADR the entire cluster?

Thanks,
Randy

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: EADR of One Physical Node of MS Cluster

Hi @rsamora,

Have you tried "Volume List" instead of "Backup session"?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Highlighted
Super Contributor.. Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: EADR of One Physical Node of MS Cluster

Volume list does work, however, all of the volumes are listed, physical and virtual.  I was told by Micro Focus tech support that one workaround is to edit the SRD file and just leave the objects that are "critical for the restore."   What objects are "critical" for restoring the single node?  My guess would be “/C, /CONFIGURATION/ and possibly the /?/Volume...."?

Thanks,

Randy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.