New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ERROR: 1392

I am getting the following Minor error during backup: Cannot traverse: ([1392] The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. ) => not backed up.

Backup doesn't fail but there are errors in the system event log on the server indicating file system structure on the disk is corrupt. Any info or guidence is appreciated.
Janet
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The file system is corrupt. Use your OS tools such as chkdsk (windows), fsck (hpux), to clean up the corruption.
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am getting the same error on a new installation of DP6.0. I have tried to open the files that DP says are corrupt and I can open them fine.

The files are on a Windows file server and the filesystem they sit on is 1.6TB, so a chkdsk would take forever.

I am trying to write the files to a file library with DFMF enabled, on a writer with a block size of 512K. Could that cause the problem?

Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Bertrand Sirodot.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Janet,

if your disk is not corrupt as the other members told you then maybe the following informations may help you.

we get sometimes the same errors, in our envirment there is a trendmicro virus scanner (serverprotect), that cause the issue (mostly in the server protect directorys), the file is not corrupt,the virus scanner just done some work. Its only a bad timing of both and not realy a issue.
WE ONLY SCAN ON WRITES cause serverprotect scanned files during backups when you set him to scan on read&writes 😞
If you have a virus scanner running, i suggest to not scan file reads during backup and set virus software maintannce,Updates,etc. to a time where no backups are running.

And another thing where this can happen, as example our files server with the user profiles sync them very often, so when dp scans directory the file xxx.temp is here but when dp then starts to backup the file its already been deleted by the client.
With the "notreewalk" paramenter in omnirc it may get better if you have very much of this.

Regards
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.