UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Email with attached session log if a backup session fails

Jump to solution

Hi,

with the notifications you are able to send an email if a session fails or finished with a status <> completed without errors and warnings. This is working fine for me.

But it would be helpful to be able to attach the session report of the failing session to this email.

Will this be possible with any newer version of data protector  or do I need to script manually a solution for this ?

Thanks,
Daniel.

0 Likes
12 Replies
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

So your Linux server would not have any connection to the internet, is that correct?  You still have the option to download the needed packages for offline install. But what most of my customers that do have internet blocked to their server, we work with the security team to open it up for about 15 to 20 min just long enough to do the install, once complete then close it back off.  Most are ok with it it as it is only for a few min and it makes the install much smoother.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.