Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Enable Control Data Encryption and Certificates

Hi All,

We are looking at implementing this feature in a DP 6.20 environment running on Windows 2008 but have some questions regarding the Certificate side of things.

Do we need to create our own Certificate Chain, Private Key and Trusted Certificate pertaining to the Cell Managerthat we install on the Cell Manager and then have distribute that to Clients or is the default instance of these that is created during installation unique enough to be safe to use.  That is, if I right-click the Cell Manager (or any client) and select the Connection tab and enable the "Encrypted control communication" checkbox I see the drop-down fields for the Certificate Chain, Private Key and Trusted Certificate populated with hpdpcert.pem.

Is this hpdpcert.pem all that is required?  Also, is this hpdpcert.pem unique to our installation or is it some kind of generic well known object that is the same across all DP installs and should therefore not be used for encryption?

I've looked through the online documentation and a couple of the operations Guides/White Papers but there is very little detailed information regarding the best practices for configuring the Encrypted control communication feature.

I f anyone is able to point to a document or clarify this I would be grateful.

Kind Regards,

Michael

0 Likes
0 Replies
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.