Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Ted Williams Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Encryption Extension for one client system

I have recently put on version 6.11 before i was running 6.10 every time i run a backup i get the license error saying "30 license(s) need to be purchased for category "Encryption Extension for one client system".
I have looked on this forum and found answers to this problem but they say update with the latest patches and that should fix it. I am running the latest on my system but i am still getting this error.
Can anyone help please..
0 Likes
6 Replies
Scott McIntosh_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Encryption Extension for one client system

Something must not be patched correctly then. What OS, and what does omnicheck -patches report back when run on the cell manager?

Thanks,
Scott
0 Likes
Absent Member.

OK i'll reapply all the patches i'll let you know how i get on
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Scott,

After reapplying all the patches
omnicheck -patches says i have 7 patches found running on windows server 2003 standard it is now telling me i need 42
Encryption Extension for one client system.

Thanks for any help you can give me in this
0 Likes
Scott McIntosh_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ted,

I would say log a support call; it should be easy to see why in debugs. This was a known issue but has been fixed.

You could just delete the LicenseWarning notification in the meantime. 🙂

Thanks,
Scott
0 Likes
Igis Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I got the same licence issue with a fresh install of DP6.11 ! ...

each time i install a new client, DP ask for an additional Encryption Extension license !

Any news for this case ?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Zigoze Absent Member..
Absent Member..

just simply ignore it... it is just a bug that hp fixed with a site specific patch... you can ask it at hp support if you have a valid contract.

but, if you are on 6.11 and have a valid and active support contract, you'd better upgrade to 6.20, as hp has sent a security bulletin warning a critical security failure on 6.11 and lower versions, which have been corrected on 6.20.

And in 6.20, that encryption license warning is also fixed...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.