Absent Member.. Rahim Johnson Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Error: Cannot connect to Media Agent on system

We are testing our backups with Data Domain. I have been able to backup up all of my servers to tape without any problems.

I am also able to backup up all of our servers except for one to Disk using Dataprotector 6.0 and datadomain.

Here is the error I am getting with the one server.

[Normal] From: VBDA@linuxserver.companydomain "/" Time: 8/20/2009 11:03:08 AM
STARTING Disk Agent for linuxserver.companydomain:/ "/".

[Critical] From: BDA-NET@linuxserver.companydomain "/" Time: 8/20/2009 11:03:08 AM
Cannot connect to Media Agent on system dpserver.companydomain, port 60170 (IPC Cannot Connect
System error: [111] Connection refused
) => aborting.

[Critical] From: VBDA@linuxserver.companydomain "/" Time: 8/20/2009 11:03:08 AM
Unexpected close reading NET message => aborting.

[Normal] From: VBDA@linuxserver.companydomain "/" Time: 8/20/2009 11:03:08 AM
ABORTED Disk Agent for linuxserver.companydomain:/ "/".

I have an additional daily backup to tape that hits this same server and it does not return an error.

There is an identical linux server being backed up to tape and to disk without any problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.
It can be fixed!! We just have to figure out how.
0 Likes
1 Reply
RoMa64 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Error: Cannot connect to Media Agent on system

Hi Rahim,

the given errors indicate that there's a network issue(99% of the time).
Given your comments i suggest you check DD and see if there's a problem,as other backups on that server work fine.

Regards,
Robert
If you're out there you're vulnerable. People prefer to disappear in life , to repress their personality. That's not living,it's dying. I see them all over the place, the walking dead.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.