Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
AndrewNM Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error DB2 backup (libob2db2.dll return Reason code: "2")

Hello folks!

I'm with troubles to do a DB2 backup. Sometimes the error below occur:

[Critical] From: OB2BAR_DB2BAR@srvepd02.mydomain.com.br "DB2ECP"  Time: 4/19/2012 5:00:18 AM
      DB2 returned error:
      app. message      = backing up the database
SQLCODE           = -2071
SQL2071N  An error occurred while accessing the shared library "C:\Program
Files\OmniBack\lib\libob2db2.dll". Reason code: "2".

An alternative solution is restart the DB2 services in the client. Doing this I can run the job more a few times but suddenly the error occur again.

My environment currently is running Windows Server 2008 64Bits with HP Data Protector A.06.11(32Bits).

Patches on Cell Manager:
DPWIN_00521         Core Component
DPWIN_00522         Cell Manager Component
DPWIN_00526         Disk Agent
DPWIN_00524         Media Agent
DPWIN_00523         User Interface
DPWIN_00523         Manager-of-Managers User Interfac

Patches on Client:
DPWIN_00521         Core Component
DPWIN_00521         Core of Integrations component
DPWIN_00526         Disk Agent
DPWIN_00524         Media Agent
DPWIN_00474         SAP R/3 Integration
DPWIN_00485         DB2 Integration

Anyone already had this problem or have any suggestion to solve it?

I tried reinstall the patch DPWIN_00485, deleting the libob2db2.dll file before and I tried restart the Data Protector Inet agent too but no sucessfully.

Thanks!!!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Error DB2 backup (libob2db2.dll return Reason code: "2")

What I've seen so far, this is something for HP support. I don't think anyone in the forum can help you with this error. Would be nice if you could report back, as soon you found a solution.

Regards,
Sebastian
---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.