Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Hooray888 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Error: Hostname does not match with Cell Server name during HP-UX SG DP cell upgrade

Jump to solution

Today I am working on the DP8.16 cell upgrade to 10.30 based on 2-node HP-UX ServiceGuard cluster.  I follow the instructions in the official DP10.30 upgrade documentation(https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.02/UpgradeCluster)

In the beginning it reported the following error message during the Validating System requirement of DP10.30 installation.

Error: Hostname does not match with Cell Server name.

How to get rid of this error message?   Thanks.

PS. Last month I completed the DP9.09 cell upgrade to 10.30 based on 2-node HP-UX SG cluster. I didn't run into this error message during the upgrade.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Respected Contributor.

回复: Error: Hostname does not match with Cell Server name during HP-UX SG DP cell upgrade

Jump to solution
UPDATE: As for the Error: Hostname does not match with Cell Server name, I finally managed to get rid of this error messages. Just replaced the /opt/omni/lbin/.util file with the one from the DP9.09 or DP10.30. And then started over the upgrade, it worked then.
7 Replies
Respected Contributor.

回复: Error: Hostname does not match with Cell Server name during HP-UX SG DP cell upgrade

Jump to solution

Update: I just applied the DP8.17 PB as well as the DP8.17_215 CORE patch( on top of the DP8.17 PB) for the HP-UX SG DP cell system.  Unfortunately, the issue is still there.  

I suspected that this issue is a "bug" regarding DP8.1x upgrade to 10.30 version based on HP-UX SG cluster.

Btw, No this issue with regard to win cluster DP8.16 cell upgrade to 10.30

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Hooray888

Looks like you are correct, this is an issue with the code and it's being worked on QCIM2A83087. 

This case is still under investigation. Research and Development team made a fix and they are testing. I will monitor this case and let you know when the hotfix is released or at least confirmed to work. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello @Victor_F_DP 

Many thanks for your good info. 

I still have one question:   I am looking through the official DP10.30 upgrade documentaion regarding the DP upgrade with ServiceGuard  cluster part. 

The MMD servcie is DOWN status after the primary SG cluster node DP8.16 is upgraded to 10.30. When I executed the "/opt/omni/sbin/install/omniforsg.ksh -primary -upgrade" step, it would report the error messages(screenshot attached).  How can I get rid of this error message when run this script?

It seems that it was caused by the MMD service down. 

Thank a lot in advance. 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
I forgot to mention one thing: We have the DP MoM environment. The DP MoM was already upgraded to 10.30 successfully. This 2-node HP-UX SG DP cell belongs to the DPMoM.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Hooray888 , 

I have seen this before. You need to enable the secure communication between the CM and the MoM to bring up the MMD. 

On Mom: omnicc -secure_comm -configure_peer CMName (you need to run this one with each node and the virtual name)

On CM: omnicc -secure_comm -configure_peer MoMName

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi @Victor_F_DP 

Today I performed the roll-back and then did the steps mentioned earlier by you. At the moment the MMD service indeed became Active status.  However, when I executed the “/opt/omni/sbin/install/omniforsg.ksh -primary -upgrade” on the active HP-UX SG cluster node, unfortunately it still reported the same error messages as before.  And I issued the omnisv -status command to check the DP services at the moment. I saw that the MMD service became Down status again.  It's weird. 

0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
UPDATE: As for the Error: Hostname does not match with Cell Server name, I finally managed to get rid of this error messages. Just replaced the /opt/omni/lbin/.util file with the one from the DP9.09 or DP10.30. And then started over the upgrade, it worked then.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.