Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Absent Member.. Cleber Zorzi Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Error from auxiliary database: ORA-12162: TNS:net service name is incorrectly specified

Hello,

I have Data Protector 6.21 with Oracle RAC 10.2.0 installed. I need to make duplicate database in the same server.

I created auxiliary instance with the name CHRBKP1 (unmount state). The target instance is CRH1. The user and password in the same for both.

Below the error message:

RMAN-06005: connected to target database: CRH (DBID=3582789994)

RMAN-06009: using target database control file instead of recovery catalog

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-00569: =============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS ===============

RMAN-00571: ===========================================================

RMAN-04006: error from auxiliary database: ORA-12162: TNS:net service name is incorrectly specified

I can not connect to the auxiliary instance because the instance is UMOUNT state.

Help me.

Thanks,

Cleber

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Kristof Van Ges
New Member.

Re: Error from auxiliary database: ORA-12162: TNS:net service name is incorrectly specified

I know this thread is 1 year old but it shows up as only result in google so it might be usefull for others as well to continue with this thread.

Did you manage to find a solution for above problem?

I am having the same error when duplicating a database to a different server. The auxilliary database is in NOMOUNT state as described in the manual and according to our DBA the error is normal as the sys user cannot connect when the db is in NOMOUNT state.

Does anybody has any experience with this?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.