Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error while pushing agent or upgrading the client from installation server

Hi all,
We are planning to upgrade disk media agent on Cell manager in HP-UX server and I have configure installation server on one of client for windows as there is no installer server configure for windows.I ssues is when I try to push agent or try to upgrade the client i am unable to do it,error for the same is atta ched to the thread.
Can any one provide me step how can I configure Installation server for windows client on window server and cell manager for the installation server is on HP-Unix.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Two problems (at least) if I understand you description correctly.

1: A Windows installation server (IS) cannot be used to install/update a Unix-based client and a Unix-based IS does not have the files for Windows clients.

2: It sounds like you are trying to update from the wrong cell-manager. An IS can be a member of multiple cells, but it must be registered under "Installation Servers" - it can be a client of only one cell at a time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It is register as installation server but when trying to push agent on other client it is giving error that installation server is it self is client of cell manager and it cannot push agent on other client..........
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Now I am able to push the agent from installation server to remote client as it was failg to authenticate.But now the problem which I am facing is that i am not able to upgrade the existing windows client if I try to upgrade any client it is pulling the upgrade from cell manager(On hp-ux)which should not happen

[Critical] [110:117] The system abc.xyz.co.in is already in another cell: efg.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.