Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Exchange 2010 and Single Mailbox

Hi,

we have following error by two mailboxes and I cannot find the error.

Account "lastname, first name" does not have a unique distinguishing name. LegacyExchangeDN:
/O=xxx/OU=EXCHANGE ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=lastname, first name

Thanks for help

Thomas

Tags (1)
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Exchange 2010 and Single Mailbox

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have exactly the same error. It appear only for mailboxes with configured Archive option. All mailboxes with activated Archive are not appear in a Single Mailbox backup specification list. They simply aren't visible. Still searching for solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Any update?

Same problem with Exchange SP1.

😞

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Same problem here with Exchange 2007.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Always remember that Single Mailbox integration leverages the old MAPI interface which has a lot drawbacks. The best solution would be to go for Data Protector 7.0 and use the new GRE option for Exchange 2010. This is not working for Exchange 2007 or 2003. I don't expect you will find a solution for SME and archive enabled mailboxes.

Regards,

Sebastian

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

As we have the same problem with archaive mail boxes we were considering to to DP7 and GRE upgrade.  But GRE user guide goes as:

Data Protector Granular Recovery Extension for Microsoft Exchange Server limitations

• The recovery of Archive mailboxes is not supported

Does this means this is not going to work either?  We are using Archive mail boxes and we are facing a problem to recover them.  Any body can suggest any solution for this? 

Thank you very much.

NRW.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP support has confirmed none of the DP versions support archive mail boxes at the momement.  But enhancement request is there to add this support in the future.

Now we are facing a new problem.  We enabled archive for 3 mail boxes.  As the mail box backup is failing we decided to disable the archive feature again.  Exchange admin told me he has already diabled it.  But DP is still seing the mail boxes as 'Duplicated' and the backup is failing.

Anybody came across this problem?  And any possible solution?

Thank you.

NRW

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hello,

I have the same problem, but with DP 7.0.3. Mailboxes with archiving enabled marks them as duplicates.

Is there a solution?

thank you very much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Well ... two and half years later, we have the answer ... not supported, nor will you be ... not in version 6, or 7 ... or any future release ...

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1340608?searchIdentifier=56546fde:13784c43f35:50dd&resultType=document&documentURL=KM1340608&resultsURL=/selfsolve/documents&allowReturn=true

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1408768?searchIdentifier=6eb5b9c8%3a14761d07ea3%3a7b4d&resultType=document&documentURL=KM1408768&resultsURL=%2fselfsolve%2fdocuments&allowReturn=true&searchString=not+display+all+mailbox&searchKey=

Honestly, I'm very disappointed, both for the reply, as for the time it took to give her HP. Maybe you have to think of other alternatives.

greetings

Note: Curious that the closing date is the same day .....

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.