Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Exchange 2010 restore

Jump to solution

Hi gurus,

We were having some dificulties implementing Exchange 2010 backups, because we always were getting an error on the communication between the agents in the middle of the backup. We finally now solved it as the problem was due to a firewall dropping the packets.

So now we get a successful session backing up the databases. (retention of 1 week)

But when, right after the job has finished, we go to the restore context, no sessions are found for restore ("no backup sessions found").

May someone give a hint why?

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..
Solved.

It was firewall and keep alive parameters problem.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Zigoze

Are you restoring from restore by session or from session by object? You must use the last one for exchange restore.

If you are using restore by session for filesystem restore and is empty the most probably is information was not storaged into IDB, could you please upload any backup session report?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

hi... I know i have to do object restore... but that is where no sessions appear for restore.

the backup log in attach:

0 Likes
Absent Member..

one other possibly important note... each time we try to start a new backup, it says that it is not possible to select a passive copy for backup, and that it is being copied in another session...

we had to include a pre-exec script that runs:

omnidbutil –free_cell_resources

to free the databases and start the backup... i think this is not a normal behavior also...

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

HI

Please let me know the result for command omnidb -session 2012/06/27-35 -detail

0 Likes
Absent Member..

ok, so now we've managed to see the restores but I still have a strange behavior...

Our Exchange DAG has 4 mailbox databases.

If we backup only one of the mailbox databases at a time they do appear on the restore context (we've tried with all four databases, making separate jobs for each).

But we wanted to have just one job with all four mailbox databases, but in this case, the backup runs without any error, but does not show in the restore context!

So what is the difference here?... Is this any known behavior of DP?... Can we not select all databases together on the same job?... does anyone has this working, or have any idea what might be happening in my environment?

thank you...

0 Likes
Absent Member..
Solved.

It was firewall and keep alive parameters problem.

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.