Honored Contributor.. stefano colombo1 Honored Contributor..
Honored Contributor..

Exchange 2016 DAG IP-LESS

Data Protector 10.03

We have installed a 2-node exchaneg 2016 DAP configured as IP-LESS .

We installed the DP clients on both nodes with GRE extension.  We defined a Round Robin entry in the DNS for the DAG name

We then configured the exchange backup using the DAG node .

however we see the two server instead of the DAG as shown in the picture

Is that normal ?

I remember that in the past the "DAG" would be shown and that it would be possible to backup the passive copy of the DB

tre-dag.JPG

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Exchange 2016 DAG IP-LESS

Hello @stefano colombo1

This is normal. This depends of the option you select in the step before that:

image.png

If I choose "by Client":

image.png

If I choose "by Role":

image.png

So, "by role" shows the mailboxes are general, "by Client" shows the mailbox that is running on each node. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @stefano colombo1,

From what I remember an Exchange DAG setup without an IP is not supported. Data Protector expects that the DAG is imported as a virtual host to the cell to perform the discovery. Without the DAG import you cannot perform advanced selection based on database role.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sebastian

This kind of environment is supported long time ago.

"Microsoft Exchange Server DAG configured without a Cluster Administrator Access Point is supported with Round Robin DNS mapping of DAG name to all the node IPs."

Victor_F_DP provided right answer to question, object selection depend about "view type" selected.

Best Regards

Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @JBasilio@Victor_F_DP,

Thanks for pointing that out. I was not aware of that. Any reference in DocOps on that? If not it should be added.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Sebastian

This is mentioned into support matrix as foot note.

19 Microsoft Exchange Server DAG configured without a Cluster Administrator Access Point is supported with Round Robin DNS mapping of DAG name to all the node IPs.

Best Regards

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.