Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
ViciousXUSMC Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Exchange backups failing

Just keying in to see if anybody is familar with this error in Data Protector 10.02

I have 2 Exchange servers I back up, I have one working, the other has been failing with this error:

[Major] From: BSM@server.domain "EXCHANGE_ADMIN2"  Time: 12/28/2017 11:40:43 PM
[61:3003]  	Lost connection to OB2BAR Backup DA named "MS Exchange 2010+ Server"
	on host server.domain.
	Ipc subsystem reports: "IPC Read Error
	System error: [10054] Connection reset by peer

or if I look at the job log full the first error I see is:

Major] From: BSM@server.domain "EXCHANGE_ADMIN2"  Time: 12/28/2017 11:40:42 PM
[61:3003]  	Lost connection to OB2BAR Backup DA named "ERROR"
	on host server.domain.
	Ipc subsystem reports: "IPC Read Error
	System error: [10054] Connection reset by peer

I found some info via searching and it's older data protector info so not sure if it is still relivant for DP10 but I added the omnirc file to the server with the following info:

OB2SHMIPC=0
OB2IPCKEEPALIVE=1
OB2INETTIMEOUT=100
OB2IPCKEEPALIVETIME=900
OB2IPCKEEPALIVEINTERVAL=60
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: Exchange backups failing

Hi ViciousXUSMC,

have you found this forum post? It seems to be relevant to the errors you're seeing.

(DP) Support Tip: Integration backups (Exchange,SQL,VEPA) gets random error.
https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Data-Protector-Practitioners/DP-Support-Tip-Integration-backups-Exchange-SQL-VEPA-gets-random/td-p/1638703

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.