Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Expand IDB to another disk

Jump to solution

Hi! I have a Data Protector 9.09 in a Windows Server 2012 R2. All core files are under the same folder tree in one disk only. I was wondering if I can expand the new IDB catalog files to another disk in the same server. For example, my IDB is on d:\omniback... Can I EXPAND the db80 files to another disk, such as F:\omnicatalog? Thanks for your help.

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @jcorrea,

DCBFs are consuming the most capacity in the IDB. Check omnidbutil -list_dcdirs and create a additional DCBF folders on separate disks as needed. You could also move DCBF files from one configured directory to another (not the directory itself). You need to run omnidbutil -remap_dcdir afterwards to make the IDB aware of the change.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello @jcorrea,

DCBFs are consuming the most capacity in the IDB. Check omnidbutil -list_dcdirs and create a additional DCBF folders on separate disks as needed. You could also move DCBF files from one configured directory to another (not the directory itself). You need to run omnidbutil -remap_dcdir afterwards to make the IDB aware of the change.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

Thank you very much, Sebastian! I'll try to expand it with your sugestions.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.