Highlighted
Established Member.. dirkdevos
Established Member..

Re: File contains possible DP logs (DP 9.06)

Jump to solution

Thank you for that information. I had actually opened a case regarding this issue on the 9th of June and got this response from support.

"This file is not part of Data Protector, it seems to be like a report of the OS"

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Found the same issue on Linux. Data Protector INET will create a file named /tmp/inet.log logging the same content.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello all ,

Finally a Hotfix is available to solve the issue .
Please contact Software Support and ask them to provide a Hotfix of QCCR2A68785 .

Currently a Hotfix for 9.06 is available .
We are asking to prepare a Hotfix for 9.07 as well but it's not ready yet .

Thank you .

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello Sebastian ,

We have a Hotfix for the issue but unfortunately "/tmp/inet.log" on RHEL seems to be out of scope .
The Hotfix doesn't fix for "/tmp/inet.log" on RHEL .
I'm checking how we can work on it .

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Tadashi,

I don't mind. Support is already working on the issue in 5309854821. Would be great to have this resolved in A.09.07_110. A hotfix is not required (for me).

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Established Member.. dirkdevos
Established Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Tadashi,

This is not an issue for us at all. I was just doing some reseach one day and came across the file on my HP-UX server and asked support if this might me a data protector file as the contents appeared to be data protector related.

However if this is the symptom of a more serious issue, please let us know what the issue was so that we can determine if we need the hot fix or not.

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi all ,

What a real issue is , logs are consuming unexpected filesystem (/ or /tmp) .
Amount of inet logs are not huge , but it's growing constantly .

So, it will be preferred to stop logging into such a filesystem .

Now new hotfix (HF2) is available to solve both issues . (/1 and /tmp/inet.log) .

If you never mind about such a log file under / or /tmp , that is perfectly fine 🙂
If you need to stop logging to the incorrect filesystem , please contact support team to get the HF .

Thank you.
Best regards.
Tadashi

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.