robertpalmi
Visitor.

File to configure restore Sybase integration from diferente host data base?

I1m trying to restore basckup sybase integration to server A from backup of server B, the product documentation mention is:

To restore a database to a different Sybase instance on another client system, set the OB2HOSTNAME
variable on the target client: add the OB2HOSTNAME=BackupClient.company.com variable entry to the
Sybase_TargetInstance.cfg configuration file, located in the default Data Protector temporary files directory.

I cant find the file to register the configuration, plaese hel me with this.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: File to configure restore Sybase integration from diferente host data base?

Hello, 

Looking into the Integration guide. This could be added via command: 

Windows systems: set OB2HOSTNAME=client_name
UNIX systems: export OB2HOSTNAME=client_name

But, this file Sybase_TargetInstance.cfg should be found in DP temp folder when the Integration is configured. 

Windows systems: ProgramData\Omniback\tmp
UNIX systems:  /var/opt/omni/tmp

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
robertpalmi
Visitor.

Where I should run this comands CM o cliente server, I configured the integration with 2 HP UX Sybase servers  (I get sybase integration backup without problems) however the file is not al the path you mentioned, sorry for my english.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello, 

Please try with the commands, meanwhile I can check more information. 

The commands should be runned on the SAP server client. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.