Lieven Verdonck Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Force DP to always do mount request

Jump to solution
Hello,

Is it possible to have DP always do a mount request, even if there are "Unknown" tapes in the library? Right now it seems that a backup job uses them automatically if it runs out disk space on a tape.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
OldSchool Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Force DP to always do mount request

Jump to solution
I'd think taking all media out of the pool used by the backup job / library would accomplish this.

I can't say I understand *why* you'd want to do this, as it defeats the purpose of "unattended" backup software.
2 Replies
Highlighted
OldSchool Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I'd think taking all media out of the pool used by the backup job / library would accomplish this.

I can't say I understand *why* you'd want to do this, as it defeats the purpose of "unattended" backup software.
Scott McIntosh_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Should be a global parameter to disable autoinitialization, InitOnLoose or such.

Thanks,
Scott
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.