Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Foreign cell manager import host failed

Hello,

I am trying to import the foreign cell manager host and get the following error : [12:1625] Import host failed

Ping, nslookup, telnet work fine. DP version 9.09. Both cell managers A and B work fine with their own backup specifications. I am trying to import cell manager B to A.

There is no firewall between hosts.

Any advices?

Thank you.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Admiral
Admiral

Do you have ECC enabled for any of the cell servers? 

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Yes, ECC enabled for both cell servers.

0 Likes
Admiral
Admiral

Check the admin guide: 
“If the source and foreign Cell Managers use Encrypted Control Communication, ensure that Trust Relationship is enabled. For more information on establishing trust, see Enabling encrypted control communication for all cells in a MoM environment, using the CLI."

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

What if we do not have a MoM environment?  How do we establish trust between the two foreign cell managers then?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

I am looking at this posts and key lines.

• I am trying to import the foreign cell manager host and get the following error : [12:1625] Import host failed.
  • I am trying to import cell manager B to A.

and this is NOT a MOM environment.

Can you tell me more - what is the objective? what you need to do? Why you need to import one CM to another CM. I need to make sure before I can make comments.

Rgds,

Sherman

DP SUPPORT

Sherman Senin
Customer Support Engineer, APJ
Data Protector
Micro Focus
0 Likes
Commander
Commander

We are attempting to enable/configure Automated Replication Synchronization within Data Protector (ARS). To do this we need to import the cell manager of another cell, and vice-versa.

Regards,

Sven

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.