Highlighted
AkimovDenis Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Form one SOS1 ( in cell1) to SOS2 (in cell2) copy data in different cells

Jump to solution

How to perform copy (replicated) data form one SOS in cell1 to another SOS in cell2? With hardware storeonce abke use replication and "foreing cell manager". Who to deal with SOS? I can use one SOS with two cell manager?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Form one SOS1 ( in cell1) to SOS2 (in cell2) copy data in different cells

Jump to solution

Our software StoreOnce implementation doesn't even support replications. So, nothing is available here.

Koen

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Luc Minnaert Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello,

I think you should be a bit more descriptive about the terminology you're using + the goals you're trying to reach.

The least one can say is that it can be interpreted in several ways.....

Luc

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Goal is have  a DR site with DP and SOS (software storeonce). How to can tranfer to date and metadate IDB in another site. 

I have 2 site. 

1. Cell manager -Cell1 and SOS - SOS1

2. Cell manager -cell2 and SOS -SOS2 (DR site)

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

I guess the feature you are looking for is "Automated Replication Synchronization". This is described in the Admin guide on page 348. Let us know if you have questions after reading this.

Koen

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

ARS  is applicable only with hardware storeonce appliance, not with SOS (software storeonce). How can to make same scheme with SOS software storeonce?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Our software StoreOnce implementation doesn't even support replications. So, nothing is available here.

Koen

View solution in original post

Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I assume you already understand which way you need to do this, based on your other post where you are asking how to import in another cell. With some scripting this could be automated. But as said, it can not be done directly from Data Protector.

Koen

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks to all for answers

How about MoM, It does not allow copying between two SOM in different cell? 

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

While the object copy in the MoM may be supported, I would not recomend it as the performance won't be good. The reason we have replication on StoreOnce hardware is because otherwise data needs to be rehidrrated when reading. This is typically a slow process. In addition, the complete rehidrated data needs to be copied over. That is why we would not recommend this as a solution.

What alternative do you have then? The first one would be to implement a work flow which includes the import of objects in the second cell, as already discussed before (and in the other post). Besides that, you may consider to use of VSA. I believe replication is supported there and assuming you already have the needed storage, a VSA may be a feasable option.

I hope this helps.

Koen

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.