Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
Highlighted
Absent Member.. BackupDude Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Full backup information is "forgotten"

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I have ran into a strange issue with DP 7.01.

I am doing full + incremental backups using the same datalist. 1 full / week, rest of the days running in incremental mode.

I noticed that when I try to restore a folder it requests 50+ tapes as it is reverting to one full backup from January and adds all the incrementals on top of that. Full backups run fine every week, still it reffering to the old January backup.

Full backup is very slow - one ~ 4TB dynamic disk. 

Some details:

Cell server - win2003, DP7.01

Client - win2008, DP7.01

Backup goes directly to magnetic tape, no copy session.

Are there some settings to be done specially for dynamic disks backups?

Thanks for any reply.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Established Member.. andre80
Established Member..

Re: Full backup information is "forgotten"

Jump to solution

well normaly the "public" setting is used when you have two different jobs. one for full, and one for inc. But it is worth a try. otherwise try to recreate the job. if this does not help, i would suggest you open a case.

9 Replies
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I just noticed, there is another dynamic disk there ~ 2TB. Backups are fine for this one.

Also, there is just one object name for the disk that has the restore issue.

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Number of dirs and folders:

[Normal] From: VBDA@client.name.net "client.name.net[/F]" Time: 26.3.2014 14:36:37
Filesystem Statistics:

Directories ........ 2526577
Regular files ...... 2681527
------------------------------
Objects Total ...... 5208104
Total Size ......... 3,53 TB

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi, I'm still having this issue. Any ideas you guys have or should I go to HP support with this?

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

if you have a look in the IDB for the full backup job and check the "Catalog Protecton" and "Data Protection" column, what does it say?

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks for reply,

Both are protected. I checked every full backup since January, catalog and data are protected correctly.

I can restore from the full backups past January, just the incremental backups are relating to the old full not the current ones.

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

strange behaviour. have seen this when you have seperate jobs for full and inc backup. but as far as i understood, you have one selection list with two schedules (one for full, one for inc)

What comes in mind:

- have you set the job "public"?

- have you tried to create the job new?

- did you check that your IDB has enough free space (DCBF, Fnames and so one)?

otherwise is suggest you open an case

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes, 1 datalist running in full  + incremental.

Enough space in IDB.

What I see, the job was not set to Public, I set it now. However all other backups have the same settitng and work (not public).

Thanks for this, I will run a full backup with this public setting and get back to you.

0 Likes
Established Member..

Jump to solution

well normaly the "public" setting is used when you have two different jobs. one for full, and one for inc. But it is worth a try. otherwise try to recreate the job. if this does not help, i would suggest you open a case.

Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

The "public" setting did not help so I created a separate datalist for the disk that had the issues. I can now restore from the latest full + incrementals.

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.