Tony1 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Generar un reporte de los backups generados con el data protector

Necesito generar un reporte de todos los backups que se generan y se generaron en le data protector. Este dbe contener la siguiente informacion: codigo cinta, idsession, nombre del backup, fecha inicio, fecha, fin, tamaño del backup. 

El comando Omnirpt -report list_sessions; solo me muestra las sesiones, no contine los codigos de cintas.

El comando Omnirpt -report used_media_extended, no me muestra todas las sesiones.

Favor su colaboracion...

0 Likes
5 Replies
Valued Contributor.

Generate a report of the backups generated with the data protector

I need to generate a report of all the backups that are generated and generated in the data protector. This should contain the following information: tape code, idsession, backup name, start date, date, end, backup size.

The Omnirpt -report list_sessions command; just show me the sessions, do not follow the tape codes.

The Omnirpt -report used_media_extended command does not show me all the sessions.

Please your cooperation ...

0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Re: Generate a report of the backups generated with the data protector

with this command omnidb -session & sessionid -media -detail shows me the tape codes used.
Could you help me with a script that will generate the data I need by joining both commands, please?
Join in single script Omnirpt -report list_sessions and omnidb -session & sessionid -media -detail; and to show me the data I require in a period of time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @Tony1,

@Tony1wrote:

The Omnirpt -report used_media_extended command does not show me all the sessions.

Based on my tests omnirpt -report used_media_extended -timeframe 24 24 -tab will display all sessions that use a media (Backup, Copy, Replication). Restores and Media sessions such as Barcode scans do not have relevant information.

There is one corner case I can think of. If you backup to a file library and recycle the source sessions directly after Object Copy then information on Backup sessions are no longer in the IDB and removed before the report is generated. Generating the report after the backup helps. This can be done using a End of Session Notification linked to a report group.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Valued Contributor.

Dear Sebastian Koehler
The command omnirpt -report used_media_extended -timeframe 24 24 -tab, shows the sessions with the media it uses; but I need to generate a report with all the sessions.
As indicated previously by this command Omnirpt -report list_sessions; shows all the sessions that were generated in the data protector; but the information of the tape codes where the backup was generated is missing.

It is important to generate this report for auditing.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi @Tony1,

@Tony1 wrote:

The command omnirpt -report used_media_extended -timeframe 24 24 -tab, shows the sessions with the media it uses; but I need to generate a report with all the sessions.

It works correct and returns all sessions that have touched a media.

As indicated previously by this command Omnirpt -report list_sessions; shows all the sessions that were generated in the data protector; but the information of the tape codes where the backup was generated is missing.

This is because only Backup, Copy and Replication sessions have media information associated with them. For complete auditing your will need both reports. But there is simply no media information for a barcode scan or restore.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.