Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Granular Recovery Extension Error

Jump to solution

Hey guys,

I have a restore to do and I was attempting to use the VMware GRE. I went to my vm and found the version I wanted to restore and submitted it for restore. When I went into the HP Data Protector (Admin) section to approve and start the restore I recieved this message. I have created a ticket with HP but I was looking for a little bit more immediate assistance. Has anyone seen this error before?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Disregard. Issue is resolved. I needed a high capacity drive attached so I carved off some space from our SAN last week. I added a 2 TB LUN to assist with a restore. I added the LUN as a drive to the Windows Server and then created a staging area for Data Protector restores on the drive. I restored the information then removed the drive and LUN. I however, neglected to remove the temporary staging space from the Data Protector (Admin) settings in vCenter which is why the message was appearing. Once I went into settings and removed the no longer existing drive, the restore ability was enabled again. Sorry for the bother. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Disregard. Issue is resolved. I needed a high capacity drive attached so I carved off some space from our SAN last week. I added a 2 TB LUN to assist with a restore. I added the LUN as a drive to the Windows Server and then created a staging area for Data Protector restores on the drive. I restored the information then removed the drive and LUN. I however, neglected to remove the temporary staging space from the Data Protector (Admin) settings in vCenter which is why the message was appearing. Once I went into settings and removed the no longer existing drive, the restore ability was enabled again. Sorry for the bother. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.