Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION
srinivasvankina Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP DATA PRoctector v6.11 Client add error - [110:101] Client import failed!

Hi

Acciendtly deleted the client with software from HP DataProtector Cell Manager. When I try to install client the again. It is failed at 100% and it is not importing the client. 

I am installing this client on HP-UX 11v3.

Please help me on this issue. I don't have knowllegde on HP data protector. I had attached the image file also.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Srinivas V.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP DATA PRoctector v6.11 Client add error - [110:101] Client import failed!

A 'Client Import' is just writing to the cell_info file, and a failure is usually a hostname resolution issue

I recommend that you do a 'nslookup' of the client name and IP address from teh command line of the cell manager, and a 'nslookup' of the cell manager hostname and IP address to see where it is not resolving.

You don't say what the OS type is of your cell manager, but, one way around this is to just edit the cell_info file to add the client manually.  You can use one of the other lines in this file as a template, just change the hostname field

Your version of Data Protector is out of support, so you can't open a case with the response center

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.