Absent Member.
Absent Member.

HP DP 7.0 VMware Integration

Hi,

i'm planning a HP Dataprotector VMware integration with SAN transportation mode. I'm coming more from VMware Administration then HP DP side.

Here is one question .

Is it possible to cluster the backup host that should access/read the ESX SAN LUNs and write to tape drive. So in case of a single server failure the the backups of >200VMs still run.

regards

Thomas

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi,

in general it is possible to present the ESX LUN's to more than 1 server. Keep in mind to execute diskpart - automount=disable. From backup perspective you will need to use the cluster ressource name for the devices, but may get warning messages during the backup that device discovery needs to be executed.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

And also bear in mind if any cluster failover it will not resume smoothly..it will fail and you still have to restart the failed jobs

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If i set up a backup specification and select a DP-Host with VEPA installed as Backup Host.

Then as device i select ServerA and ServerB both also installed with VEPA,Disk Agent and Media Agents.

ServerA and B have access to the VMware-LUNs. Will SAN Transport mode work in this example?

regards

Thomas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.