Highlighted
Dilmurat Zakiro
New Member.

HP DP6.20 and Exchange 2010 DAG backup

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Installed fresh HP DP 6.20

I have 2 mailbox servers with DAG on Exchange 2010. When I create a backup specification I cannot choose any DAG host but in Integration guide on page 227 there is a note:

In DAG environments, the DAG virtual system (host) must also be imported to the
Data Protector Cell.

What is DAG virtual system (host) and how/from where do I import it?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member.. Juan B.S.R. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: HP DP6.20 and Exchange 2010 DAG backup

Jump to solution

Hi.

When you create a DAG you must assign an IP address and a Network name, and you can see it in "Exchange Management Console" under "Organization Configuration".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Dilmurat Zakiro
New Member.

Jump to solution

No one used? Man Sad

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi

DAG name is the name of virtual exchange server, you must import also this one as virtual server.

0 Likes
Dilmurat Zakiro
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Tiriti,

It is obvious that DAG is a virtual server, but have can I identify what is its hostname or IP address so that I can add it to DP GUI? Or is there any way to import client/system to DP other than IP address and hostname?

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Juan B.S.R. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi.

When you create a DAG you must assign an IP address and a Network name, and you can see it in "Exchange Management Console" under "Organization Configuration".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dilmurat Zakiro
New Member.

Jump to solution

Finally,

I solved it. The issue was that my DAG was offline in Failover cluster manager BUT was totally functioning without any problem. Network issue was solved and now I can see DAG in DP GUI

Thanks everyone

0 Likes
Talin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi

I guess i might have the same issue. I can't get the option to choose exchange 2010 backup within DP6.2. And i have added the virtuel DAG host and set the permissions.

But when i go to check the failover cluster on the DAG, there's some DNS issues. But the exchange DAG does seem to work. Was it about the same issue you had?

0 Likes
Dilmurat Zakiro
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think yes, yours issue is something like mine. Exchange DAG was functioning without any problem. Your DAG should have a static IP address of same subnet with MBX servers. In Failover Cluster Manager in DAG section you should see IP address, if there is no you have to add it manually. Also I added A host in DNS table with DAG name and IP address.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.