Scott McIntosh_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: HP-UX11.11 and DP6.0

I'd log a support call and get a more instrumented devbra test binary. The debugs are not clear enough about what the binary is doing in those stages.

You are getting a list of devices in the devbra output? (remember, I couldn't open the original zip)

Thanks,
Scott
0 Likes
Scott McIntosh_ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Ok, my bad, now I reread the long post.

If that's the case, then I'd want a debug of the run when /dev/spt was already deleted. The debug posted is of the failure when running into the problem, which actually occurred in the clean run.

Thanks,
Scott
0 Likes
DavidJ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Scott,

Herewith the debug log with /dev/spt removed and devbra reporting the devices.
devbra then recreates /dev/spt and a rerun of devbra reports "unsupported devices"
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
0 Likes
DavidJ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have again logged support call with HP, Will keep everyone posted on progress and hopefully the solution.........
Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.
0 Likes
DavidJ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

What a sad state of affairs, the case opened with HP has just been a "telephone tag" game.

I will now close this thread. Thanks to everyone.
0 Likes
DavidJ Absent Member.
Absent Member.

closing thread
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.