Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
rav63
New Member.

Hanging SQL bar backup session

Jump to solution

Hello!

We are having problems with a hanging MS SQL backup session. All bases are backed up successfully but after completing media agent, session does not complete and is hanging forever.

Backup log is attached.

SQL Server is behind a firewall, but one base backup (not entire sql server) is performed and completed successfully so as filesystem backup. All required ports to media agents and cell manager are opened.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Hanging SQL bar backup session

Jump to solution

I am in agreement with 'mihaib200', but the article he points to doesn't go far enough.  I agree that the issue is Probably implementing KeepAlive, which should be done using the procedure in the attached document

KeepAlive should be implemented on the Dsik Agent 'server.domain.com ' and on the Media agent 'media_agent.domain.com '

0 Likes
3 Replies
mihaib200 Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Bob_Clark Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I am in agreement with 'mihaib200', but the article he points to doesn't go far enough.  I agree that the issue is Probably implementing KeepAlive, which should be done using the procedure in the attached document

KeepAlive should be implemented on the Dsik Agent 'server.domain.com ' and on the Media agent 'media_agent.domain.com '

0 Likes
rav63
New Member.

Jump to solution

thank you mihaib200.

And very big thanks to you, Bob!  Your valuable advices many times helped me to solve problems with HP DP.

Now the problem is solved.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.