Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How Many Omnitrig is Enough

Jump to solution
I have a Unix based Omni server installed. By default, the omnitrig is run once from cron every 15 minutes. We only have schedule backup once a night. I would like to know if I can change the omnitrig cronjob to just one time only.

The following is configured automatically by omni:

0,15,30,45 * * * * /opt/omni/sbin/omnitrig

Thanks,

Steven
Steve
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How Many Omnitrig is Enough

Jump to solution
Yes, you can, reduce the number of omnitrig launches - but why? The overhead of a small cron task every 15 minutes is trivial. Moreover, if you do change your backup schedule, you then must remember to make a crontab change. You must also remember to leave in the times that your database purges occur. The GUI scheduling interface is built around the assumption of a check every 15 minutes.

If you insist upon doing it this way, it makes much more sense to dispense with omnitrig altogether and start all your OB2 tasks directly with cron.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How Many Omnitrig is Enough

Jump to solution
Yes, you can, reduce the number of omnitrig launches - but why? The overhead of a small cron task every 15 minutes is trivial. Moreover, if you do change your backup schedule, you then must remember to make a crontab change. You must also remember to leave in the times that your database purges occur. The GUI scheduling interface is built around the assumption of a check every 15 minutes.

If you insist upon doing it this way, it makes much more sense to dispense with omnitrig altogether and start all your OB2 tasks directly with cron.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.