Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to Edit Restore/Recovery RMAN code in DP Graphical

In the following thread, restoring to a new directory structure is discussed:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1038522

I use RMAN code like this many times from the vantage point of UNIX level O/S scripts.

How can I view/edit the RMAN code inside the DP graphical for RESTOREs and RECOVERIES?

I am aware of how easy it is to access the RMAN code in the backup specification. I would like the same functionality with restores.

Thanks.
Frank
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The only way i know of to type in your own RMAN script is to open RMAN on the client and type it in...

I dont think there`s any way to edit the RMAN script in the restore proccess via the GUI.
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for that feedback Assaf.

I think HP should fix this because of two reasons that limit us.

1. use of the "SET NEWNAME" command (from the GUI). I've been told that the changing the destination of the restore directory (the function in the GUI) has bugs. That can be dangerous.

2. If we use a script on o/s side, we cannot control the devices. It just defaults to the device used in the original backup.

Thanks again,
Frank
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

item 2... you can control the devices indirectly using

omnidbutil -change_bdev
Omniback and NT problems? double check name resolution, DNS/HOSTS...
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The RMAN script for restores is not customer editable. If you want to run your own RMAN script, then simply run RMAN.

It may already exist as an enhancement request, planned or requested. But you can log a support call and request logging that ER if you desire.

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.