Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
wangf8406
New Member.

How to backup the data to cloud though the S3 compatible APIs by HP data protect

Hi , currently we are testing to back the data to the cloud (TLF open cloud) in mexico. and the back up software will be done by the HP data protector.

what will be the solutions for such kind of scenarios ? is it possible to through the native APIs which is compatiable with S3  ?

And as i checked from the AWS support guide, the HP data protector can suppot the way VTL through disk gateway.

Is there any other method ? i have tried almost 1 week and have no progress.

Expecting your suggestions.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: How to backup the data to cloud though the S3 compatible APIs by HP data pro

Hi wangf8406,

I've asked the admins to move this post to the Data Protection forums. I found your post here by accident.

There are several options for this request:

1. Run a StoreOnce VSA in the Cloud => Backup locally and replicate to the StoreOnce VSA via Object Copy OR direct backup to the StoreOnce VSA in the cloud with dedupe at the source.

2. The StoreOnce (appliance or VSA) now offers StoreOnce Cloud Bank => Local backups can be directly replicated to a S3-compatible storage, no StoreOnce VSA required at the Cloud provider

3. Starting with Data Protector 10.03 there will be native Amazon S3 (and compatible) support in the Data Protector Media Agent => Backup locally and Object Copy to the S3 compatible device OR direct backup to the S3 compatible device, the data reduction on the wire can't be compared to what StoreOnce replication or Cloud Bank can offer.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.