Jeremy C Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

How to change account Data Protector runs under?

Jump to solution
Data Protector 6.1 running on Windows 2008 Server in a domain. Data Protector is running the following processes under a domain account that I'd like to change to a different account:

crs.exe
omnihealthcheck.exe
mmd.exe
kms.exe
uiproxy.exe
dbsm.exe

How do I change the account those processes run under?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to change account Data Protector runs under?

Jump to solution
No more configuration files must be changed,

are you facing any issue after the account change?
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Jeremy, you must change the service account under the DP services runs. By default, Inet and RDS services are running under the Local System account, and CRS and UIProxy services are running under the Administrator account.

1 - Add the account to the DP Admin Group
2 - The account does NOT need to be an administrator of the machine or domain but the following access must be set for the account:
- Full control over this Registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\OpenView\OmniBackII
- Full control over the Data protector Program Data folder and Data protector Home Folder, including sub folders on both.
- Run as a service role.
- Take ownership role.
- Backup and Restore role.

3 - Stop all DP services, change the account
and start services again.

If you have some incremental backups they may switch to full on the next run.

4 - Assign Points to responces; you have a very bad average 😉 34 of 93 responces with points assigned.

HTH
Shoghi.
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
Step 3 - change the account...
How do I change the account that Data Protector is running everything under?
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
I changed the services defined in windows to use the new account I created but are there config files in Data Protector that I need to update with the new account?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
No more configuration files must be changed,

are you facing any issue after the account change?
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
I did as you described and everything appears to be working. Thanks! .... and I assigned points. 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.