Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
New Member.. Rob Remy
New Member..

How to change operator inactivity timeout [90:228]

When I am entering tapes in Data Protector Manager our operators on the remote site need more time than the configured 600 secs, to load the tapes. Now the media session aborts with the message:

[90:228] ENTER aborted due to operator inactivity timeout (600 secs)

How can I modify this timeout?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Re: How to change operator inactivity timeout [90:228]

Hi @Rob Remy,

I have never seen that error and maybe there is a misconception. Lets imagine a library with 10 empty import/export slots (or mailslots) then you can select and Eject up to 10 cartridges from Data Protector Devices & Media context at the same time. The session will finish after the last cartridges has been loaded into the mailslot. At this point the operator can collect the tapes and leave the slots empty for the next Eject operation. So if the operator needs more than 10 minutes to unload the tapes, just do not select more than 10 cartrdiges for the Eject operation at the same time.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.