Hugo Melo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to change tape protection in dp 6.0

Jump to solution
Hello All,
I'd like to know if It's possible to change a tape protection from expired to permanent, is that possible? if so how can I change that?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ehuang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to change tape protection in dp 6.0

Jump to solution
find what objects/sessions are on that tape, then change the protection of that session from IDB context.
0 Likes
5 Replies
ehuang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
find what objects/sessions are on that tape, then change the protection of that session from IDB context.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
In the internal database, -> sessions, select the session of the un protected objects and select change data protection.

If the session does not exist for any reason, the way I know to protect the data again is to export/import the tape an select the new session created and change the protection.
Hugo Melo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
thank you guys worked properlly.
0 Likes
Hugo Melo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
enough explanation so I'm closing the thread.
0 Likes
Jethesh Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Why have you not assigned points to those who took time to answer your queries. Pls be a little more courteous.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.