Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to downgrade the DP6.2 to 6.0

Hi All,

please guide me to downgrade the DP 6.2 to 6.0.

As i was previously update the DP from 6.0 to 6.2, before the upgradation the backup Job was completed in 4 Hrs and now after upgrading to 6.2 the completion of backup was grown up to 72 Hrs, please guide me how to downgrade the DP 6.2 .

i am using the win2k3 (Cell Manager) and HP-UX 11.31 (Hosts & Installation server) .

although i have update all the latest patches on cell manager as well as on the IS & Hosts.

if you think that downgrade of DP is not the solution please guide me how i solve the slowness issue.

also if needs the logs to find / analyse please tell me i will share you the logs as well

Rgds,

Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Absent Member..

have you installed all the more recent patches after upgrade? if not, you should, as it will probably solve your issues... some people had the same problem on the first release of 6.20, but I think there are already patches to solve that... there is no reason for you to downgrade, as that would be a bad option to go back to a version out of support!

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

We had the same issue upgrading from 6.0 to 6.2. A lot of backups went nice, but some of them were very slow.

HP support tod us to downgrade to 6.11 (since then, backup worked fine).

The procedure to downgrade for us, was uninstall 6.20. recover the last cold backup of 'db40' folder of DP 6.0, and then install DP 6.11. On the setup, data protector detects old database and upgrade 6.0 to 6.11.

This is a very important procedure, so i think you better open a case with support which can guide you through the entire process.

One more importan thing...  please write down the tapes where you have done backup since you upgraded, because you will have to import all the sessions you have done since then once you have downgraded. you better downgrade as fast as you can because the more backups you do with 6.20, the more backups you have to import later when you downgrade.

Sorry for my poor english.

Good luck and regards

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Zigozi,

thanks for your support currently i have installed the latest patches e.g, PHSS_42652 & DPWINBDL_00621 on CM & IS for Win-OS and DPUXBDL_00621 on HP-UX IS & clients. 

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi Zigoze,

your suggestion is requested as i have already share you that all patches was updated successfully.

how would i fix the performance issue.

Regards,

0 Likes
Absent Member..

well, I see you are already in the 6.21 version (not 6.20) as you have already installed that new version patch. I have still no experience with 6.21 so I'm not sure if there is or not any detected issue with backup performance with those new disk agents (it shouldn't be, as they are pretty much the same from the 6.20 version)...

maybe you should open a support case at HP...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.