Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Félix RS 10 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to fix the tape pool?

Jump to solution
I use the backup structure 5 pools.
1 - DataBase
2 - Dario
3 - Free
4 - Monthly
5 - Semnal

I have a problem in the pool monthly. Format the tape. Sent monthly to the pool and after a while, the tape is moved to the free automatically. How do I keep the tape in the pool monthly?

help me please.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shoghi Martinez Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: How to fix the tape pool?

Jump to solution
But this happens when you format it, this marks the tape as FREE, and DP move it.

When you do backup DP will use media from the normal pool and if there is no media available it will take the media from the free pool, that is part of the normal operation.

If this option is enabled, a deallocation of free media from a regular to a free pool takes place "automatically"

If you are using or implementing Free Pools you must understand this.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Uncheck the "Move free Media to free pool" this is normal if you have selected the "Use free pool" option.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks Shoghi. But are the other pool with the same configuration and do not have the same problem. Have another alternative?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
But this happens when you format it, this marks the tape as FREE, and DP move it.

When you do backup DP will use media from the normal pool and if there is no media available it will take the media from the free pool, that is part of the normal operation.

If this option is enabled, a deallocation of free media from a regular to a free pool takes place "automatically"

If you are using or implementing Free Pools you must understand this.

View solution in original post

Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Now I understand that the tape does not fix the pool to determine.
So to fix a free tape in a pool I clear the potion "Move free media to free pool.

Right?
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Media are fixed to a pool unless the "move to free" option is enabled.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Ok Shoghi. Problem solved.
Thank you very much.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.