Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. dpx Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to restore IDB from File library or file jukebox in DR site on virtual machine[cell manager]

Hi ,
can some one please tell me how i can restore IDB on DR site from File library ?
My environment - cell manager 9.08 , RHEL 6.8 - [on virtual machine ]
I'm currently backing up IDB on File library [on a different vmdk in the same virtual machine - or let's on filesystem in linux and using as a file library]
I've initiated DR using SRM and can see virtual machine disks [alongwith backup - file library].
not sure , if backing up IDB on File library is  the best way to do that. but i thought it would be easy to get consistent IDB on DR site.
i can see IDB file library backup in /IDB dir but not sure how i can restore thos *.fd files.
any thought would be highly appriciated.
many thanks,
dpx

0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.. KloppYNWA69 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: How to restore IDB from File library in DR site on virtual machine[cell manager]

you might want to look at this proces....

/t5/Data-Protector-Practitioners/File-Library-import-existing-files/td-p/4741010

unfortunately its not as simple with file libraries as it is with file jukebox. My preference is the jukebox as very easy to import.

hope this helps!

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Re: How to restore IDB from File library in DR site on virtual machine[cell manager]

Hi,
Thanks for the help.
Could you please describe how to restore from jukebox?
Thanks
Dpx
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi
I,ve created file jukebox and I want to test restore idb at DR site. Could anybody please suggest me how I can restore idb from file jukebox?
Many thanks
Dpx
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.