Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

How to restore a SAP with RMAN online integration backup?

Hi,

I am amazed that Data Protector allows for SAP with RMAN integration, but the guides show how to configure the backup, but simply do not explain the procedure for restoration!

The only note about it is "Backups created by Oracle RMAN can only be restored using the SAP restore utilites."

Is there any DP guru that can help me explaining the steps on how to restore such a backup?

Please, explain as simple as possible, as I have not almost any SAP or RMAN knowledge.

Thank you all very much.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Isn't there anyone capable of providing any help?
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

the restore has to be done directly on the system using brrestore tool. You need to set some parameters like OB2BARHOSTNAME, etc. Ask your SAP admin for more details.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Thank you for your answer.

But two more questions:

1 - In the GUI, in the restore context, I can see all folders but not the "datafile" folders with the db. This does not seem normal. Or is it? In this type of integration the datafile folders are not shown on the restore GUI? Or is this any kind of bug?

2 - Currently we do not have a dedicated SAP admin, and the person that usually helps us is on vacation. Can't you give any type of more detailed answer/help on how to do this restore?

Thank you,

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Hi,

1. yes, this is true and working as designed. Wehn doing SAP backups in rman mode the restore cannot be done using the GUI.

2. The restore you want to do depends on your environment, so a complete set of command cannot be given. Please refer to google and search for synthax of brrestore.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.