harrytewkesbury Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

I am running DP 9.03 - can I upgrade to 10.x without any licensing changes?

Jump to solution

As the subject says. I don't want to upgrade to 10 and have to revert to a snapshot from before if possible.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: I am running DP 9.03 - can I upgrade to 10.x without any licensing changes?

Jump to solution

Hello

License migration to Data Protector 10.00
Data Protector 8.1 and later customers on support contract will receive Data Protector 10.00 free of
charge including new license keys for all licenses on the support contract.

Data Protector 10.00 does not display licenses that are expired or not used for the same product
version.
You can go to the MyUpdates portal at the Software Support Online (SSO)
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/.
Here you get access to the software and license keys downloads which you are entitled for according
to your active support contract (SAID).
You can see all software associated to the SAID, check the box in front of Data Protector 10.00 or later
and click
Get updates.
Three tabs are displayed:
l Get software: For downloading the software.
l Get licenses: To get licenses for the LTUs mapped to Data Protector 9.00 or later.
l Get documentation: To download the product documentation.
When you click the
Get license link, this directs you to the update order the HPE Software Licensing
Portal (
http://enterpriselicense.hpe.com/) where you can get license keys for the LTUs and quantities
that are on your Service Agreement Identifier (SAID

Best Regards

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello

License migration to Data Protector 10.00
Data Protector 8.1 and later customers on support contract will receive Data Protector 10.00 free of
charge including new license keys for all licenses on the support contract.

Data Protector 10.00 does not display licenses that are expired or not used for the same product
version.
You can go to the MyUpdates portal at the Software Support Online (SSO)
https://softwaresupport.hpe.com/.
Here you get access to the software and license keys downloads which you are entitled for according
to your active support contract (SAID).
You can see all software associated to the SAID, check the box in front of Data Protector 10.00 or later
and click
Get updates.
Three tabs are displayed:
l Get software: For downloading the software.
l Get licenses: To get licenses for the LTUs mapped to Data Protector 9.00 or later.
l Get documentation: To download the product documentation.
When you click the
Get license link, this directs you to the update order the HPE Software Licensing
Portal (
http://enterpriselicense.hpe.com/) where you can get license keys for the LTUs and quantities
that are on your Service Agreement Identifier (SAID

Best Regards

harrytewkesbury Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Ah ok thank you.

We recently updated our SAID support contract, so I assume that the versions displayed are what we are entitled to.

When the initial licenses were purchased back in 2014 I think, it was for DP6.x. Would this have any bearing on what licences were are entitled to now, or is this dependent on the support contract?

Thanks!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.