Highlighted
TaeSang Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

IDB Backup not finish after backup.

Hey..

HPE DP9.08 IDB backup not finish after upgrade to 9.08 from 9.05

CM is Windows2012

Object is complete and Drive is running or Inactive. But, Backup Session still "In Progress".

Never stop until abort and kill bsm.exe(One week.... ) When Abort the session, Backuped size change as more big.

Interesting thing is only IDB backup job is not finish.

Other Job backup is finish well.

Change Backup Device is not working and Initial Internal Database(omnidbinit... read/writedb.. etc) is not working for this issue.

Could you advice for this issues?

Thanks in advanced.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IDB Backup not finish after backup.

Hello TaeSang,

For this IDB backup - can I check on this line.

"Never stop until abort and kill bsm.exe(One week.... ) When Abort the session, Backuped size change as more big."

What do you mean by "One week" ?

For this IDB backup - how long has this been running - more than 24 hours ?

Are you able to abort it ? I hope you issued only 1 abort request.

I would recommend to run "omnidbcheck -extended" to see if any IDB corruption.

What exactly is the results of "writedb" - do you have errors or is it completed.

The above is what I would do first - check the IDB for any corruption and for you, I would suggest you log a support case as this seemed to be something that needs to be investigated.

In summary - check for any IDB corruption and then you can move forward to troubleshoot things.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Sherman

HPE DP Support

0 Likes
TaeSang Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Hello Sherman

"Never stop until abort and kill bsm.exe(One week.... ) When Abort the session, Backuped size change as more big."  ==> If not kill bsm.exe, Session not finish over one week...

omnidbcheck -extended is okey. Can not find any special.

Database consistancy is okey.

There is no error when "omnidbutil -writedb"

Just not finish session... after backup...

0 Likes
Luc Minnaert Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hello,

I guess the backup of the idb happens OK, only it does not finish after having released the media???

If that is the behaviour, then you will find in /var/opt/omni/server/db80/pg directories huge log files which have not been "purged".

Highly likely one/some of these files will have wrong permission (user/group) settings. ==> adjusting that and running consecutive two IDB backups will clear out all the old idb log files.

If you can't see it right away, ask for guidance from a response centre engineer. DO NOT delete huge hanging files. Some are just message logs other are really important files.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello  TaeSang,

Looks like the problem is on the BSM process and not any corruption on IDB.

This may require a more in-depth troubleshooting / analysis, and so the one I may recommend now is to log a DP SW Support Case and the next available DP Support can work with you, step by step to isolate things.

Hope this helps

Rgds,

Sherman

HPE DP SUPPORT

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.