Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

IDB Migration from CELL A to CELL B DP 9.x for Upgrading after 10.x

Jump to solution

Anyone have a complete step by step process im stuck after making readdb on Cell B since conflicts certificates and not able to be owner of IDB migrated

Any help or guindance appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: IDB Migration from CELL A to CELL B DP 9.x for Upgrading after 10.x

Jump to solution

Got it appreciated Victor

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello @Diego Biondo

The new CELL B have the same hostname? 

Make sure that you do the writedb in the same DP version. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

No Cell manager A xxxx hostname Cell manager B yyyy hostname but same patches and version DP level

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I've received a procedure i am going to apply today I am documenting this and i will share with all forum if successful

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I think I know which steps you received (I was working with the engineer in your case). 

I will recommend to run another command before the remap: omnidbutil -change_cell_name. 

So the owner will change to the new one. 

Regards, 

Andres Fallas Salazar
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a LIKE by clicking on the bottom at the left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Got it appreciated Victor

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hello @Diego Biondo 

I hope you migrated successfully.

Could you please share the document with me and the forum?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

1.Create a folder called  IDB_Dump on C

2.Create a folder called  IDB_writedb  on IDB_Dump

3.Run the next command: omnidbutil -writedb C:\IDB_dump\IDB_writedb

4.Stop the DP services(omnisv -stop)

5.Copy the folder called depot (ProgramData\Omniback\depot)  and copy it on C:\IDB_dump

6.Copy the folders of the output  from the Writedb  command on C:\IDB_dumpa.(DCBF0-5, meta, msg)

7.Copy the folder called “Server”fromProgramData\OmniBack\Configinto C:\IDB_dump

8.Uninstall  Data Protectorand delete  all the folders relatedwith DP (Omniback)

9.Install Data Protector (Same version as the original)

10.Create a folder called “New_IDB”on C(C:\New_IDB) and  run a WriteDB againto this  folder. omnidbutil -writedb C:\New_IDB

11.Run omnidbutil -readdb C:\IDB_dump\IDB_writedb

12.Copy the foldersfrom the output of thefirst WriteDB.

13.Rename the folder “Server”(ProgramData\OmniBack\Config)to “Server_New” andcopy the one from the originalinstallation(Step 7)

14.Go into “Server”and  rename the next files:a.AppServer-> AppServer_oldb.Certificates-> Certificates_oldc.Idb -> idb_old

15.Copy from the folder“Server_New”and copy the folders AppServer,  Certificates and idb and  copy them on “Server”

16.Start the services(omnisv-start)

17. At this step, the database owner will be "original one", to change to target, perform:

omnidbutil -change_cell_name OriginalHost

18. Start GUI ask for a new certificate belonging new server name and you should have IDB as original one

Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Thank you very much @Diego Biondo.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.