New Member.

IDB corrupt after upgrade Data Protector 7.01 to 8.0

Hi all, I have a Data Protector 7.01 system, the Cell Manager is in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

I've updated the Data Protector system to version 8.0.

Now backups are running very slow, and the IDB backup, I get the following error:

Failed to check the consistency of the internal database

If I run omnidbcheck:

C: \ Users \ Administrator> omnidbcheck
Check Level Mode Status
================================================== =========
Database connection-connection OK
Schema consistency-schema_consistency OK
Datafiles consistency-verify_db_files OK
DCBF (Presence and size)-bf Corrupted 6 major errors detected

DONE!

Thank you!

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Re: IDB corrupt after upgrade Data Protector 7.01 to 8.0

If I run omnidbcheck -extended

Check Level Mode Status
================================================== =========
Database connection -connection OK
Schema consistency - schema_consistency OK
Datafiles consistency - verify_db_files OK
Database consistency - database_consistency OK
Media Failed consistency - media_consistency
SIBF ( readability ) - SIBF OK
DCBF ( Presence and size ) -bf Corrupted 6 major errors detected

OMNIDC ( consistency ) -dc Corrupted : 19 major errors detected

DONE!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

These are known issues for DP 8

Please open a case with the response center, and ask them to get you the latest Site-Specific Patches (SSPs) for the OS-type of your cell manager

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi

Solution:

1. From the omnidbcheck -bf and omnidbcheck -dc output, identify the Medium ID of the corrupted DC binary file.

(Note down the corrupted medium ID from the O/P of above command)

2.  Run the omnimm -media_info <medium ID of corrupted/erotic  media getting from the O/P of above command>

command to get other attributes of the medium, such as medium label and media pool.

3. Identify the DC binary file for the affected medium. These files are located at /db40/dcbf directory, and

they are named:

_.dat (in the MediumID, colons ":"are replaced with underscores "_").

4. Remove the corrupted DC binary files.
5. Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omnidbutil -remap_dcdir
6. Run the omnidbutil -fixmpos command to establish consistency between media positions (mpos) and binary files.
7. Run Program Files\OmniBack\bin>omnidbutil -remap_dcdir

8. Import the catalog from those media which are found corrupted (medium ID)  from o/p of  step-1 to recreate the binary files.

9. Repeat step-5 to 7.

Regards
Chanchal Haldar
hp DP admin
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

There is a new patch bundle out DPWIN_00801 which may be downloaded from the patch site

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/patches

This patch combines all teh Site-Specific patches, and fixes a lot of the problems ancountered when you have upgraded to 8.0

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Two cents:

-8.1 is out as of 1/3/2014

-When I ran into the corrupt IDB issue during testing, I have opted to cold install to avoid all the potential upgrade issues.  Keep the old installation around for reference. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

8.1 has had more than its share of 'challenges', and I cannot recommend an upgrade to that version at this time

However, there is a new patch bundle 8.01 that fixes a lot of these IDB issues, you may want to download that from

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/patches

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

thanks, you can leave the patch on some FTP? now I can not download it from the website of HP

thank you very much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

I have the same problem, but I checked IDB database with omnidbcheck and result is OK ! And when i restore a sesion with "Filesystem" - error 12:10907 - Invalid format of detail catalog binary file, but test for binary files is OK !! When I restoring a session with "Restore sessions" DataProtector haven't any problem !!

Can You help me, please ??

Thanks Miki. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I installed new patch from 29. september and problem with IDB resolved, but I have problem with transport method "SAN" versus "NBDSSL" now. I haven't problem with transport method SAN before this updates...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.