IDB migration from one drive to another - DP 10.40
I am using DP 10.40 on windows 2012 R2 cell manager. I need to migrate IDB from one drive to another (example F 😕 drive to G:\ drive). Please can someone provide step by step document / screenshot.
If you need move a whole database then is necessary restore IDB using online or offline method, please check online documentation
So the major part of IDB is DCBF directories you can move that files creating new DCBF directory into new disk and move .dat files to new disk.
To do this follow these steps:
1) omnidbutil -add_dcdir .... => ADD all the DCBF directories you
want to use on the new location
2) restore / move all DCBF files to the new directories
registerred in #1
3) make sure that all the old DCBF directories you want to delete
later are empty
4) execute omnidbutil -remap_dcdir
4a if result is "DONE" => continue with #5
5) use omnidbutil -remove_dcdir to unregister old empty
The reason why I asked , documentation steps are generic. If someone has actually done the migration, he will have correct sequence and pre-works.