Lieutenant Commander Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

IDB migration from one drive to another - DP 10.40

Hi Team,

I am using DP 10.40 on windows 2012 R2 cell manager. I need to migrate IDB from one drive to another (example F 😕 drive to G:\ drive). Please can someone provide step by step document / screenshot.

Thank you

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello

If you need move a whole database then is necessary restore IDB using online or offline method, please check online documentation

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.05/RestoreOBDB

So the major part of IDB is DCBF directories you can move that files creating new DCBF directory into new disk and move .dat files to new disk.

To do this follow these steps:
1) omnidbutil -add_dcdir .... => ADD all the DCBF directories you
want to use on the new location
2) restore / move all DCBF files to the new directories
registerred in #1
3) make sure that all the old DCBF directories you want to delete
later are empty
4) execute omnidbutil -remap_dcdir
4a if result is "DONE" => continue with #5

5) use omnidbutil -remove_dcdir to unregister old empty
directories

Best Regards

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander

Hi JBasilio,

Do you have any step by step screenshots available for moving IDB to another drive. this would be great help.

Thank you

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi

You just need follow action plan provided.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Lieutenant Commander

The reason why I asked , documentation steps are generic. If someone has actually done the migration, he will have correct sequence and pre-works. 

thank you.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.