Absent Member.. Jasvir819 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

IPC Invalid Hostname or IP Address // Cannot connect to Media Agent on system

Jump to solution

Hi,

I got below error in One of my DP Session:

[Critical] Cannot connect to Media Agent on system erpqa101.cdc.iocl.co.in, port 52515 (IPC Invalid Hostname or IP Address) => aborting.

[Critical]Unexpected close reading NET message => aborting

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Absent Member..

Re: IPC Invalid Hostname or IP Address // Cannot connect to Media Agent on system

Jump to solution

To solve this follow the below steps:

You have to change the Drive, because in this case the drive is present on some other server.

So change the drive will solve the issue. In my case it works...

0 Likes
4 Replies
Absent Member..

Re: IPC Invalid Hostname or IP Address // Cannot connect to Media Agent on system

Jump to solution

To solve this follow the below steps:

You have to change the Drive, because in this case the drive is present on some other server.

So change the drive will solve the issue. In my case it works...

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Hell_Screen Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi,

Can you be more specific how solved it.

What do you meen change drive ?

Best Regards
Heino

Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
0 Likes
Absent Member.. danielbraun Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Hi Heino,

in general this information mean that agent (e.g. VBDA) is not able to connect to the media agent. In most cases this is a network problem: firewall or DNS. So please check name resolution first in both directions: from DA to MA + vice versa and using short name, fqdn and reverse. In addition test using telnet <MA> 5555 if a answer is sent.

Best regards

Daniel

-----------
Please assign Kudos - How to assign...
Juliano_Flores Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hello Daniel!

In addition to your information: besides to check firewall, DNS and reverse in CM, MA and DA, is important to check also if these items are ok in SOS D2D Software if applicable.

In my case, my DA could not resolve SOS then I applied this DNS entry manually and it works.

I leave here my contribution.

Best Regards,

Juliano Flores

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.