Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Import catalog from MCF file with error 1307

Jump to solution

Dear Sir, when I import Import catalog from MCF files which I copied from the old dp version, theres a Major: System call returned error.
                 1307 - [1307] This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object. 

then the import process abort.

Could you please help me?

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

You will need to log a support call on https://mysupport.microfocus.com. Make sure to register the active support contract/subscription there first. Once the case has been logged, you can upload the files.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
28 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Which DP version? Which OS? Are you using any AntiVirus software? If so then could you possibly test with the AV disabled temporarily?

Koen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Hello,
the old dp version is A.09.00, and the OS with old DP is windows server 2012 .

the new DP version is A.10.30 and the OS with new DP is windows server 2016.

Then I will test with AV disabled

Best Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Hi Koen, thanks for your suggestion, but our computers cannot be disabled AV. So is there other way to test?

Best Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

I'm aware of a support case where the ​McAfee Administrator had to manually modify the reputation of the Data Protector binaries (including dll's) to 85+ Not sure you are also using McAfee software? Depending on the software you are using, you would need to take action to make sure it is not interfering with the DP binaries. The info I'm providing you is based on one support case. I am not sure your problem is exactly the same. If you would like this to be further investigated from a Data Protector angle then I recommend to open a support case, generate debugs and have them analysed.

I hope this has helped you to find the root cause of your problem.

Koen

Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Hi Koen,
The CM is running windows defender, if possible i will try to disable the widnows defender to import files again.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

Make sure that the user who runs the Data Protector services (check services.msc) has full permissions on the folder and the MCFs itself. Are you running the import from GUI or CLI?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

25.jpg

Hello Koehler,

the user has the full permission of the mcf files and their folder.

I imported them from GUI.

Could you please show me the step of importing from CLI?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

The command is omnimm (media management):

omnimm -import_from_mcf {File...} [[-pool_prefix PoolPrefix] | [-no_pool_prefix]] [-[no_]orig_pool] [-import_as_original]

https://docs.microfocus.com/itom/Data_Protector:2019.02/CLIOmnimm

Koen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

You can run the following command. I usually use one MCF at a time.

omnimm -import_from_mcf C:\DP10\Pool\Media1.mcf C:\DP10\Pool\Media2.mcf -orig_pool -import_as_original

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Hello,
I used CLI, some mcf files which size <40KB can be imported. But mcf file's size is more then 40KB---it cannont be imported by CLI and has the same error message.

Best Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

Has the target Cell Manager an empty IDB or is there already something (new backups) in it?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.