Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Import catalog from MCF file with error 1307

Jump to solution

Dear Sir, when I import Import catalog from MCF files which I copied from the old dp version, theres a Major: System call returned error.
                 1307 - [1307] This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object. 

then the import process abort.

Could you please help me?

Best Regards

0 Likes
28 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Hell Sebastian,
I haven't set the IDB in the new CM, so there's nothing in it.

Best Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

idb.JPGthis's the new Cell Manager

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

The relevant section would be Internal Database => Sessions on the new Cell Manager, because it will add the objects there.

Can you tell me the exact version of the source Cell Manager? Please share omnisv -version and omnicheck -patches from the source Cell Manager so I can reproduce this in my lab. There was a recent change to MCF import in Data Protector A.10.30 so maybe something is not working properly.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

oldversion.JPG

Please check the screenshot:

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

I have good news and bad news. Good news is that it works well in my lab environment so this seems to be specific to your environment/setup. I was importing MCFs created by a A.09.04 Cell Manager without problems to a A.10.30 Cell Manager.

Bad news is that we need to find out what is wrong. Most likly something on the source Cell Manager is wrong where you created the MCFs. Can you please do the following?

• Run perl omnimigrate.pl -report_old_catalog from %DP_HOME_DIR%\bin on the source Cell Manager and share the results
  • Run omnidbcheck -extended on the Source and Destination Cell Manager and share the results
  • Do you see errors in the recent logs in %DP_SDATA_DIR%\server\db80\pg\pg_log when copying to MCF on the Source and trying to import on the Destination Cell Manager?
  • Share what type of media and backups you try to migrate (e.g. File System backups on LTO4, etc.)

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Hello Sebastian,

Please check the attached file.
File System backups and Internal Database backups are both on LTO4 and LTO3:
Daily increase 1 are on LTO3, and Full backups are on LTO4.

Best Regards
tidi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
Hello Sebastian,

Is it related to the user in the Cell Managers?

Best Regards
tidi
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

I don't see the result of perl omnimigrate.pl -report_old_catalog. Can you run it again on the Source CM and share the output?

The object owner could be a problem. Since the new Cell Manager is new you only have default entries in the Userlist. So you could add the users owning the backup objects on the new Cell Manager using the GUI or omniusers command and try the import again. Don't just copy over the Userlist file or edit the file directly to the new 10.x Cell Manager.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..

oldCM-report.JPGSource CM report

0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
I started the destination and source CMs with the different users, but the users are both in the admin group of the CMs.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Respected Contributor..
on destination CM, i added users using GUI not by coping
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.