Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..

Import catalog from MCF file with error 1307

Jump to solution

Dear Sir, when I import Import catalog from MCF files which I copied from the old dp version, theres a Major: System call returned error.
                 1307 - [1307] This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object. 

then the import process abort.

Could you please help me?

Best Regards

0 Likes
28 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

I did more tests with a VTL emulating a library with LTO3 drives and used a non-existent user on the destination Cell Manager as backup owner. The import works just fine.

So we need to debug the import process at your end. If you don't want to share the debugs with the forum you should do this with the Micro Focus support. To get debug files being created in C:\Temp for the Cell Manager and the import process do this on the destination Cell Manager.

omnisv stop
omnisv start -debug 1-500 C:\Temp\CORE.txt
omnimm -import_from_mcf C:\DP10\Pool\Media1.mcf -orig_pool -import_as_original -debug 1-500 C:\Temp\IMPORT.txt
omnisv stop
omnisv start

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor.. Respected Contributor..
Respected Contributor..
hello Sebastian,
I have exported the debug files.
So could you please give me a HyperLink of the Micro Focus support? And all the debug files are needed to be sent?
BTW, I have imported some medias(LTO4 and LTO3) from the source CM to the destination CM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi @tidi,

You will need to log a support call on https://mysupport.microfocus.com. Make sure to register the active support contract/subscription there first. Once the case has been logged, you can upload the files.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

The root cause of error [1307] This security ID may not be assigned as the owner of this object is caused by missing permissions. The user used for the Data Protector CRS on the destination CM must:

• Be able to read and write the MCF files copied to the destination CM. Check folder and file permission and file ownership.
  • Have the required local security permissions Replace a process level token and Impersonate a client after authentication.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.. Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

FWIW:

I dont't  want to warm up an old thread, but I just run into the same problem moving tapes from DP 9.09 to 10.50. (Both CM  are Windows systems)

The error ocurs when I PULLED(e.g. copied) the .mcf files from the new CM by opening a SMB share to the old one.

When I PUSHED(e.g. copied) the files from the old CM by opening a SMB share to the new one, everything went smoothly.

Maybe I'll help...

Cheers,

Thomas

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.