Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Install Disk agent on ESX 4.1

Does anybody have any good step by step instruction on installing this.  I cannot install the 6.2 client onto the ESX 4.1 348481 box.

i have copied the install folders onto the ESX server through winscp.  I can browse the files and folders.  i have set permissions to read,execute and write on all folders.

if i run putty, login as root and su-   ./omnisetup.sh -install da,vmware    ---- all i get is an error that there

There is no information about the packets
  available for this system. This platform
  is probably not supported.

./omnisetup.sh: line 2664: tr: not found
  No Data Protector software detected on the target system.

I have tried the unix client and the linux client.  i can ping the data protector server from the esx server and visa versa.  I have tried  ./omnisetup.sh -server dp01 -install da,vmware   --- with no luck

In the /sbin directory there is no esxcfg-firewall file.  How do i open port 5555 on the ESX box.   i looked in the viclient but cannot see how to add this????

anybody able to point me in the right directory??

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

which binaries have you copied?

if you copied the binaries from the Linux DVD you are wrong... that is only for installation of the cell manager.

you have to copy the binaries of the HP-UX Installation DVD.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I got the binaries from HP for UX.  Im sure that it is correct.

ESD_HP_DP_6.2_for_HP_UX_TD586_15001_01.tar.gz

although i have tried the linux client also.  I get the same error either way.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Hi,

Please use HPUX-PA IS depot for adding any compoent locally.All other depot wont work for this.

regards,

ranjith

Regards,
Ranjith
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.